On Sunday, June 16, 2013, was hosted an opening ceremony of its air club and a grandiose air show with demonstration flights of small jets, aircraft models and balloons. Georgian as well as foreign pilots and aircraft modellists took part in the air show.
Natakhtari airport with comfortable waiting space and a control tower, take-off and landing runway covered with concrete and equipped with night-time illumination, a complex for tourists - the club building with rooms for guests, a conference hall and an open-air swimming-pool was festively opened.
Agenda of the opening ceremony:
- 18:00 p.m. – meeting guests and a tour round the Natakhtari airfield complex
- 18:30 p.m. – air show
- 19:00 p.m. – welcoming remarks
- 19:30 p.m. – stand-up party
List of the invited guests:
- The Prime Minister of Georgia
- Members of Georgian Parliament
- Members of the Government of Georgia
- Embassies accredited in Georgia
- Georgian public figures and representatives of business sector
- Georgian and foreign air companies;
- Tourism Department;
- United Aviation Agency;
- Aviation University;
- Pilot-graduates of the Company;
Brief information about ServiceAir Air Company:
ServiceAir Company was founded in 2002. It aims at promoting and encouraging the development of small aviation in Georgia. The company employs a team of professional aviators and is managed by its founder Mr. Amiran Manjavidze.
The Company owns 43ha of land on a gorgeous valley, located in the North-West of Tbilisi about 23 km from the capital, in Natakhtari village of Mtskheta municipality.
The Company is active in the following sectors:
- Internal air shipment; air taxi
- Air school
- Air tourism club with recreation-entertainment center;
- Agriculture (viticulture and horticulture)